The Patented Welch Allyn Coaxial Vision System optics produce a shadow-free spot, easier entry into undilated pupils, and a larger field of view.
The aperture selection dial allows the practitioner to choose six different apertures.
- Micro-Spot: The micro-spot aperture allows quick entry in small, undilated pupils.
- Small: The small aperture provides an excellent view of the fundus through an undilated pupil.
- Large: The large aperture is the standard aperture for dilated pupils and general examination.
- Fixation: The fixation aperture has graduated cross-hairs for measuring eccentric fixation or locating lesions.
- Cobalt: The cobalt filter is used with fluorescent dye to view small lesions, abrasions, and foreign objects in the cornea.
- Silt: The slit is used to determine levels of lesions and tumors.
Filters give the ophthalmoscope added diagnostic capability. The red free light filter excludes red rays from the examination field, and the cross linear polarizing filter reduces corneal glare by 99%.
3.5V Power Source
The traditional ophthalmoscope works with all Welch Allyn 3.5V rechargeable power handles and wall transformers.
The rubber brow rest allows the practitioner who wears glasses to use the ophthalmoscope properly.